Programming Sciencey Stuff

Elite Dangerous gives us a taste of the scope of our galaxy. Let's share experiences.
nGAGEOnline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Programming Sciencey Stuff

Post by nGAGEOnline » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:05 am

Turns out, I'm really enjoying learning some of the math for caclulating gravity and such. The weirdest thing to get used to, are the utterly HUGE numbers for calculating things in space and make it work in programming. For those that dont know, there are limits to the size/length of numbers on computers. Looks like I got it working though :)

I dont think these numbers are 100% scientifically accurate, but I believe that's only a matter of working with inaccurate data in some places. Turns out, there isnt really just one place to get all the data and various sites provide different format numbers. Some more precise than others. Anywho...

Here's what I've collected and calculated about our Solar System, so far:
PS: (Ignore the total planet count... in this version it's including 3 dwarf planets in the Kuiper Belt)

nGAGEOnline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nGAGEOnline » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:02 am

Took me a while to figure out how to create an executable version of this app, but hopefully this will run on machines that don't have the same development software installed on their system.

It's a lot of files in that folder. Just find the .exe and double-click that.

Let me know if it works.

Download here

PS: This version also has more data than the image above.