[TEST] Isometric Controls - MovementPrototype

Here you will find prototypes and test-builds, as well as discussions and feedback about them.

Which of the 3 control methods in this prototype do you prefer?

Auto-rotate
50%
Manual Aim
No votes
Point and Click
50%

Total votes: 2

nGAGEOnline
Site Admin
Site Admin

[TEST] Isometric Controls - MovementPrototype

Post by nGAGEOnline » 2 months ago

MovementPrototype
Here's a little prototype with 3 different way of controlling a character. There are certainly other methods that could still be tested, but that's what we're here for. Keep in mind that these are rough prototypes and are just intended to illustrate differences. Tweaks and smoothing will come later.

Download the prototype here and let me know which one you prefer the most.

Don't be shy to make suggestions for other Isometric methods of control, or suggestions to improve upon one/more in the prototype. Post your comments below.

MrJohnMcClain

Post by MrJohnMcClain » 2 months ago

Personally, for me works Point & Click best in this instance, but as we discussed earlier via Steam Chat.... its hard for me to make certain of which one I would prefer since it's yet unknown to what type of game it will be and there is not a small detailed prototype level to get the full sense and or range of the game experience... if that makes any sense, at all. I'm really poor at expressing myself better. I always flunk in communication :P #Zombie at keyboard

Maybe it also depends on what type of camera system will be implemented in the end. Game Design and Game Development undergoes quite a lot of changes during the whole process.

nGAGEOnline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nGAGEOnline » 2 months ago

Don't worry. It makes perfect sense and of course I agree... it would be much easier to judge, if there was more gameplay included and one can see the context of what a player would be doing. Unfortunately, I'm not quite there yet. Of course, that is the goal though. I'll be testing more and more little things at first and then I'll create a small level (about the same size as this prototype area is), with some stuff to do in it.

I'm currently thinking that Point-And-Click would work great on mouse and keyboard setups, but not so much controller setups. That's why I personally chose Auto-rotate. This works great for controllers. Perhaps there is a middle-ground between these two :)

All that will still take a little while though.

Thnx for the feedback.