Site Updates

Got any ideas how to improve the forum/website? Or perhaps you found a bug. Let me know here
nGAGEOnline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Site Updates

Post by nGAGEOnline » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:56 am

Site Updates
In this post I'll try to keep a list of all the features and changes made to the site. Please let me know if any of them don't work as they should on your end and I'll try to find out why and fix it.
Added Style/visuals
  • Added site favicon (the little red "n" in your browser tab)
  • YouTube/video player BBCode added Example post
  • Site Theme Added, called: ngageonline_base (default).
  • Site Theme Added, called: ngageonline_dark.
  • Site Theme Added, called: ngageonline_light.
BBCodes
  • Text-align [left]: Align text to the left
  • Text-align [right]: Align text to the right
  • Text-align [center]: Align text to the center
  • Text-highlight [highlight]: highlight a portion of text
  • Title [title]: Creates a boxed title
  • Header [header]: Creates a full-width boxed header
  • Video player [video]: Allows embedding of linked videos (such as YouTube videos)
Features
  • Quick Drafts integrated. Read more
  • Auto-subscribe to topics added. You can configure this under: User-Control-Panel > Board Preferences > Edit Posting Defaults.
  • Twitch-stream video-player page added.
  • Implemented Syntax Highlighting for code-blocks.
  • Hide/show Quick-reply below posts added.
  • Simple Time/Date. (ie: instead of seeing the full date and time of a post, you'll now see a "relative" version how long ago it was posted.) Configurable under: User-Control-Panel > Board Preferences > Edit Global Settings.
  • Added Collapsible Categories. Just click the -/+ on the right side of categories to hide/show them. Collapsed state is remembered across page-loads.
Administrative Changes
  • Updated usergroup permissions. Most default forums should now be visible even when not logged in. Development Talk forums still require users to be logged in to see them.
  • Updated Prototyping forum permissions. Users will not be able to create new topics in this forum, but will be able to reply to topics and vote in polls.
Bug Fixes & Improvements
  • Font loading issues resolved
  • Page loading speed improved
  • Fixed missing image icon for Twitch page navigation button.

nGAGEOnline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nGAGEOnline » Mon May 14, 2018 1:24 pm

I've done a pretty bad job at posting each individual update in the past, so it's a little hard to determine what was added/updated/fixed at what point. So from here on out, I'll create separate posts as well as updating the main post for a complete list.
Added Style/visuals
  • Site Theme Added, called: ngageonline_base (new default).
Features
  • Added Collapsible Categories. Just click the -/+ on the right side of categories to hide/show them. Collapsed state is remembered across page-loads.
Bug Fixes & Improvements
  • Fixed missing image icon for Twitch page navigation button.